PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
HR Compliance Specialist
San Mateo, CA
We are looking for a talented and collaborative Compliance Specialist to lead varied HR Compliance initiatives, including our compliance training program, personnel file management, and employment law updates. As a key member of the HR Operations and Compliance team you will partner with various stakeholders to lead these key programs while managing regulatory reporting requirements and HR audits. This role will focus on process improvement opportunities and leveraging industry best practices.
Reporting to the Manager, HR Operations and Compliance, you will be based in San Mateo and work alongside our broader HR Operations & Compliance team. Join this highly collaborative HR team whose mission is to create a highly engaged work culture.
- Lead Compliance Training program – including maintaining compliance training calendar, using HRIS reporting tools to create defined target lists, managing LMS to deliver all scheduled trainings, drafting employee communications and reminders, tracking completions and providing regular reporting
- Personnel file management – including maintaining digital and physical records, leading regular auditing and reporting, ensuring accuracy and compliance for all records, and facilitating record requests from stakeholders
- Collaborate with local stakeholders to manage labor posters at all SIE North America locations
- Keep informed and up to date on employment law; ensuring compliance with labor regulations (local, State, Federal and regional)
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders in HR, Legal, IT
- Project Manager for ad-hoc HR compliance projects
- Team Lead for employee data audits
- Manage vendor relationships and SLAs, implementing program changes to optimize operational processes
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different project requests; exploring opportunities to add value
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Conducts and/or coordinates appropriate training for Human Resources staff when new programs have been developed or enhancements made to existing programs
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- 5+ years previous experience and proven results within HR in a fast paced, high tech, entertainment or creative environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required, including vlookup, pivot tables, data conversion and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Experience with a LMS, including launching company-wide trainings, tracking completions, scheduling reminders, and developing reports
- Active interest in the development and application of employment law
- Functional and systems knowledge to effectively test applied fixes and changes, provide effective error resolution, and develop applicable and accurate reports and to serve as liaison to HRIS for interpretation of HR functional needs
- Demonstrated business acumen and analytical skills with experience tracking, analyzing and reporting employee support metrics and providing appropriate recommendations to leadership
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong Project Management skills
- High level of initiative and drive to quickly resolve problems
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to accomplish demanding timeline objectives, multi-task on assignments
- Must be able to work effectively at all levels - strategic, operational, and tactical
- Passionate and sense of urgency for execution; natural curiosity and ability to use creativity to problem solve; desire to make a difference.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Legal/Paralegal experience
- PHR certification
- Workday HRIS experience
- Absorb LMS experience
- Entertainment Industry experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.