PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Technical Project Manager
San Diego, CA (Rancho Bernardo)
- Be responsible for the overall direction and management of projects, ensuring adherence to department standard processes and procedures. Guide the project team, including external vendors, through the profiling and analysis of projects to identify and plan for services that must be provided.
- Deliver programs/projects which may last several years. These projects may involve highly complex interrelationships within the organization.
- Manage and cultivate the organization’s relationship with internal customers or other executive stakeholders. Understand the customer’s business objectives and assist them in achieving those goals.
- Work with other Project Managers in the Project Management Office through initiation, planning, monitoring, controlling and closing projects successfully.
- At least 5 years of project management experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated success as a Senior Project Manager, showing a track record of delivering projects under budget and on schedule. Excellent communication, leadership, facilitation, and negotiation. Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Empathy for the customer and understanding of customer service methodologies and business account management best practices.
- . Strong English language verbal presentation and written communication skills, with an understanding of cross-cultural issues sufficient to tailor the language and scope of communication depending upon the recipient’s target country.
- Must have knowledge of industry best practices for project management, software engineering and business processes, such as: Project Management Institute methodology (PMI’s PMBOK) Project Management Maturity Model (PMM), Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) or Agile Project Management. Desire to learn new project management philosophies and strategies.
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills. Must have computer science knowledge adequate to understand and communicate interactions among complex computer systems in business terms.
- Proficient in MS Visio, MS-Project or Project Server, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Should have strong background in software systems lifecycle management to communicate planning and operations issues to internal staff and represent Global Platform to external parties.
- Formal Project Management Certification is highly desired but not required.
- Experience in the gaming industry is strongly desired.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.