PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Product Designer, Visual (6 month Contract)
San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
We are looking for passionate Product Designer to play a key role in shaping the future of the world’s largest game and content distribution platform. Located in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district you will collaborate directly with a talented cross-functional team of product managers, designers, engineers, and business partners to ideate, communicate and define experiences for PlayStation.
- Master of visual design fundamentals with the ability to create breakthrough design concepts
- Has extensive experience taking risk with high quality, compelling designs
- Keep up to date with UX trends, new technologies and behavior trends.
- Strong product mindset with previous experience in designing for multiple platforms
- Speed and fluency in all aspects of production
- Contributes to the development of new design tools and methods.
- Executes high quality detailed design work that meets defined quality standards in a timely manner.
- 3+ years of experience as a Product design with emphasis on visual design
- Portfolio revealing thought process and an ability to rapidly generate quality and creative ideas.
- Ability to work with product and engineer stakeholders to quickly ideate and communicate concepts.
- Ability to distill complex needs and constraints then quickly turn around design ideas reflecting a range of engaging, elegant, easy-to-use and technically-feasible solutions
- Ability to understand the existing style guide and brand guidelines
- Ability to produce detailed spec and graphic assets for implementation.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and working knowledge of emerging software
- Knowledge of tools for motion and prototyping
- Basic understanding of HTML5/CSS
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages
- Passion for movie, music, and video game services
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.