PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior VR GPU Software Engineer
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment has a great opportunity in the R&D department. We seek an ambitious software engineer to craft novel graphics, GPU, and VR technology for the PlayStation® platform. As a member of the graphics technology team you, will have an opportunity to develop projects for PlayStation® SDK. And once these technologies are developed they are released to content developers to contribute to the creation of future game and entertainment experiences. If this interests you, please apply!
- Research and develop state of the art graphics technology from inception to product release.
- Critically analyze current real-time rendering, content creation pipeline, and VR rendering technology to find areas for improvement.
- Make testing plans, samples, and documentation together with software production and documentation teams.
- Excellent programming skills with C++ and shader language such as HLSL or GLSL.
- Deep understanding of modern GPU architectures and 3D graphics pipeline.
- Experience in implementing or optimizing rendering techniques such as deferred, forward+, shadow, or anti-aliasing on graphics API such as DX12, DX11, Vulkan, or OpenGL.
- Experience in production software development.
- Passion to the push boundaries of real-time rendering and explore new possibilities in VR.
- A creative personality that strives to tackle complex problems and propose innovative solutions.
- Good communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Experience in VR development.
- Knowledge of physically based shading, global illumination, or ray tracing.
- Familiarity with game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
- Knowledge of geometry algorithms such as subdivision surfaces or visibility culling.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning for solving graphics related problems.
- Familiarity with DCC tools such as Maya, ZBrush, or Substance Painter.
- Publication in GDC, Siggraph, or Eurographics.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.