PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is an IT and business facing role with the primary responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that SIE, LLC Corporate systems meet all SIE and Sony Information Security requirements
- Manages SIE, LLC InfoSec staff.
- Supports Sony GISD initiatives and participates in GISD meetings and events as applicable
- Technically competent to fault find and solve operational issues and fill in gaps of the team and their knowledge where necessary.
- Interfaces with IT and business personnel to determine and assist in implementation of security architecture.
- Responsible for overseeing site data security and resilience, backup and archiving, anti-virus and disaster recovery.
- Regular review of site, infrastructure and application security – to ensure risks are proactively managed and suitable recommendations are provided for corrective action to be taken.
- Analyse and respond to intrusion events.
- Participate in Incident Response efforts as necessary.
- Ensure the security hardening and vulnerability patching of the organization's networks and infrastructure.
- Analyse the results of penetration tests, vulnerability assessments and code reviews, write reports based on that analysis, and advise management of vulnerabilities, risk and mitigation.
- Stay informed about the latest developments in the information security field, including new products and services, through on-line news services, technical magazines, professional associations, industry conferences, training seminars, and other information sources.
- Lead SIE, LLC Information Security team for the Office of the ISO.
- Taking on the technical challenges and act as a mentor to the team by leading as an example of how to solve technical challenges.
- Regular communication with the recognised “super users” and business stakeholders to ensure that services are prioritised, improved and issues resolved.
- Ensure that the support team is aware of business continuity processes and security incident response processes.
- Ensure that the Information Security Officer is aware of any potential security problems or issues.
- Ensure that support responsibilities are dispatched in compliance with security policy.
- Participate in incident, problem and change management processes.
- Monitor intrusion detection and prevention system to identify trends and security incidents.
- Anti-virus and intrusion detection. Oversight of anti threat products.
- Regular assessment of emerging vulnerabilities.
- Work with R&D to identify risk and security threats and options for countermeasures, or products and technology that assist with mitigation.
- Contributes to network support, troubleshooting operational issues, problem resolution, hardware/software installation, application/system hardening, and support.
- Regularly monitors system and application exploits/threats of major vendor solutions (Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, Red Hat, etc.).
- Provides recommendation and ensures deployment of regular (e.g., patch Tuesday) and out-of-band security updates.
- Collaborate with all SIE entities to ensure global risks are identified and dealt with proactively.
- Communicate InfoSec, vulnerability, and risk posture to ISO.
- Communicate InfoSec message to SIE system and business owners.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- 8+ years relevant information security experience.
- Proven experience leading information security teams.
- Strong experience mitigating or eliminating network and application vulnerabilities.
- Strong experience identifying and explaining Risk, Threat and Impact.
- Knowledge of vulnerabilities in various operating systems, databases and networks in relation to hardening, configuration, deployment and administration.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to compose concise and accurate assessment and audit reports while being able to explain attacks and root cause of vulnerabilities to technical staff and upper management.
- Actively contribute within a global team of security professionals, as well as the capability to work independently and with limited direction.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Security or related field or equivalent experience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.