PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Program Manager (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
You will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. You are expected to partner with the worldwide Sony Engineering and Product organization to lead, handle, and drive forward software projects.
- You will collaborate with staff and management of multiple worldwide business units and outside 3rd parties to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
- You are responsible for the project timeline, task assignments, and leading schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
- You help to establish methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the extended Program Management group.
- Portfolio management experience at enterprise level
- You will apply your knowledge for improvement of existing PMO process
- 4+ years’ experience as a Program Manager
- Previous experience utilizing Agile methodologies and principles
- Solid understanding of programming languages, software development, and release processes
- Proficiency with tools in Agile development (Rally, Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc.)
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have capacity to make good, timely decisions.
- Excellent presentation skills across all levels of internal and external partners
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management.
- Previous experience in an E-Commerce environment
- Familiarity with digital media software and content pipeline, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices
- Global experience with diverse cultures
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.