PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Product Manager (Consumer Security)
San Diego, CA
The PlayStation Product Management Group is charged with delivering next-generation gaming experiences to PlayStation customers around the world.
Based in San Diego, you will work as part of the PlayStation Product Management team. Protecting our customers’ accounts is a critical part of our mission, and your role will be to provide our customers with features that let them enjoy the PlayStation experience with peace of mind that their accounts, content, and personal information are secure.
This role will involve heavy collaboration with business and technical stakeholders to provide a customer-centric approach to account security.
We are looking for a product manager with a proven background working with customer account information and a strong domain experience in features like secure authentication and risk-based account access.
The Product Manager will lead end-to-end planning, development and delivery of company products and experiences balancing security with optimized and seamless UX.
- Envisioning and defining strategy for security products and services for gamers and partners formed from a basis in experience, research, and data analysis
- Breaking down complex business problems into simple functional requirements for technical analysis
- Identifying, evaluating and driving integrations of 3rd party security solutions into various company products
- Measuring positive impacts to the PlayStation platform and services, including overall customer satisfaction, reduction in malicious activity rates, and reduction in downstream business costs
- Working with globally distributed internal partners to develop a competitive roadmap for security products, services and features with clear prioritization on a backlog
- Defining software product requirements documentation and functional specifications for features and application enhancement.
- Collaborating with designers and engineers to identify optimal customer-centric solutions, create end-user prototypes and deliver design specifications for technical implementation.
- Preparing use cases for technical implementation and functionality testing to ensure implementation meets business requirements.
- Developing customer insights through appropriate data and user research for analysis.
- Validating user software needs by evaluating competing factors including business and data projections, engineering costs and user test results.
- Analyzing market and data trends for PlayStation’s products and sharing analysis findings on user research and industry trends to shape product strategy and direction.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience with progressively increased responsibility in product management of software, services, and/or platforms
- Experience defining, prioritizing, managing and releasing large-scale consumer products and services
- Deep knowledge of security solutions and user account & identity systems
- Ability to drive strategic initiatives while working collaboratively with a diverse set of globally distributed stakeholders and project team members (UX designers, engineers, managers, business teams, etc)
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with proven ability to break down complex business problems into concise functional requirements
- Demonstrated skill in data analysis, user research and market analysis to justify and prioritize work
- Ongoing command of trends and security in the management of accounts and personal information
- Ability to develop in-depth analysis of market account security offerings
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams without direct management oversight
- Flexibility to travel for key stakeholder meetings
- Prior experience working in a technical capacity is a strong plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.