PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Los Angeles, CA
The Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for assuring the quality of Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) internal and customer-facing applications using automation as well as black-box and white-box testing techniques. Duties include trouble-shooting and resolving test code, test environment and infrastructure issues, as well as working with test case management, issue tracking, source control, database, requirements management, reporting, and other tools.
In the course of performing this function, the individual relies on his or her extensive background in software development, QA, system administration, manual testing, script automation, frameworks, and associated organizational processes.
The Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a member of the QA team, is embedded in a scrum team, reports to the Manager of Quality Assurance.
Responsibilities include -
- Perform both “black box” and “white box” testing of SIE’s internal and customer-facing applications by analyzing applications and requirements and designing and executing test cases.
- Develop, execute, and maintain automation scripts using Cucumber, JAVA, Selenium, WebDriver.
- Integrate, support, use and maintain issue tracking systems such as JIRA, HP ALM, Rally. Source control tools such as GitHub. Test case management systems such as JIRA, qTest, or Rally
- Work with QA team members, software developers and system and database administrators to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc
- Proven QA Lead responsibilities. Ability to guide and assist the team’s various testing activities.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience performing manual and automated software testing in a team environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience automating in a Java, Selenium framework
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related software engineering discipline
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Relational Databases
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SAFe, Scrum
- Ability to work constructively with developers, QA, IT, and Project managers towards a common goal
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A team player who does not need extensive supervision
- Experience managing large-scale project repository of test cases and defects
- Ability to recommend, identify and track automation coverage at a project level
- Strong knowledge, experience with programming and scripting languages such as: Cucumber, Selenium, JAVA
- Experience creating and troubleshooting complex queries
- Experience in Integration, End to End testing
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with JSON, XML
- Experience testing APIs, web services
- Experience testing on PS3, PS4, or other console-based client devices
- Experience with CMS systems
- Experience with web application servers such as Tomcat, and Web servers such as Apache
- Experience using JIRA for issue tracking
- Experience using QASymphony qTest for test case management
- Thorough knowledge of MS Windows operating system
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.