PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Cloud Security Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Do you want to help bring PlayStation technology to a worldwide audience? Are you passionate about securing infrastructure that constantly pushes the boundary of the gaming industry? Are you ready to work with innovative technology, bright engineers, and a passionate security team? If so, join us!
The Senior Cloud Security Engineer position is a hands-on engineering role for someone who likes working in multi-disciplined teams and with other sharp engineers in a success-oriented, fast-paced, and fun environment.
- Work with software engineers to address security risks and provide mitigation recommendations within the PlayStation Network cloud infrastructure
- Select or design/build/implement new tools for improving platform availability using automated protection mechanisms
- Continuously validate security controls to ensure adherence with PlayStation security standards
- Develop and enforce cloud security standards in AWS including IAM policies, security groups, S3 bucket policies, etc.
- Assist in developing an automated framework for security tool deployment, leveraging AWS services, scripting languages, and open source/commercial solutions
- Keep abreast of AWS new security features, advisories, alerts, trends, and practices
- Understand business requirements and apply security without adversely affecting the desired functionality
- Possess high level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and reflect appropriate level of judgment as it pertains to security
- Act as an ambassador for all things security and be proactive within security communities
- Solid grounding in information security principles
- 6+ years previous experience in an information security engineering role
- 2+ years experience working within AWS and directly utilizing native AWS services
- 2+ years experience working with CICD and DevOps (e.g., GitHub, Jenkins)
- 2+ years experience in Unix operating systems (e.g., Linux)
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills including the ability to articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven scripting skills in one or more languages such as Go, Python and Perl, etc.
- Experience with securing host, database, and application solutions for multi-tier hosting environments
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with Hashicorp technologies such as Consul, Vault, and Terraform
- Experience operating in regulated environments such as PCI
- Knowledge of automated attack tools and developing mitigation techniques
- Technical certifications or other demonstrations of passion in security and technology (e.g., CISSP, AWS Associate, open source projects, or equivalent)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.