PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer - DevOps (Front End Engineering)
San Francisco, CA
Our office in San Francisco is looking for a talented engineer to join a team responsible for building and supporting the tools and infrastructure used by our global frontend engineering teams. Our tools and infrastructure are essential to providing an amazing experience to millions of customers across a variety of devices and platforms including web, mobile, and our world class PlayStation consoles. This role is a hands-on technical position in a fast-paced atmosphere with a blend of architecture, automation, tools development, and application administration. Principal responsibilities will include infrastructure management, process automation, performance tuning, site reliability, system architecture, capacity planning, and creating various tools (such as our integrated deployment automation framework used for managing and automating deployments of our frontend applications).
* Manage infrastructure, both in the cloud and on-premise
* Architect systems and lead architectural changes that improve our infrastructure
* Facilitate the needs of dependent teams (engineering, QA, and operations) and work with external teams to achieve results under tight timelines
* Empower our engineering teams to own their applications end to end, from “building it” to “running it in production”
* Support production and non-production application environments
* Build tools that streamline development and deployment
* Work with diverse technology stacks across a variety of devices and platforms
* Improve the auto-scaling capabilities of our environments
* Maximize the utilization of cloud resources to balance performance and cost
* Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
* Passion for automation and tool creation
* 3+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
* Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
* Understanding of modern browser architecture, and web fundamentals including firewalls, load balancers, caching, etc.
* Experience with Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)
* Experience with Git
* Experience with Node.js
* Experience with Docker
* Experience with Continuous Integration tools and building CI/CD pipelines
* Ability to navigate the Linux command line comfortably
* Excellent communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
* Ability to travel internationally
Bonus points for any of the following:
* Experience with container orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Rancher, etc)
* Familiarity with object-oriented principles, common data structures and algorithms
* AWS Certifications, preferably Solutions Architect
* A good sense of humor
Additional information for your application:
* Your resume should be a maximum of 2 pages
* We strongly recommend that you include a cover letter
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.