PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer - DevOps (Front End Engineering)
San Francisco, CA
Our office in San Francisco, CA is looking for a talented engineer to join a team responsible for building and supporting the CI/CD tools and systems used by our global frontend engineering teams. These tools and systems are essential to providing an amazing experience to millions of customers across a variety of devices and platforms including web, mobile, and our world class PlayStation consoles. This role is a hands-on technical position in a fast-paced atmosphere with a blend of architecture, automation, development, and application administration. Principal responsibilities will include creating various tools (such as our integrated deployment automation framework used for managing and automating deployments of our frontend applications), process automation, performance tuning, site reliability, system architecture, and capacity planning.
- Facilitate the needs of dependent teams (engineering, QA, and operations) and work with external teams to achieve results under tight timelines
- Empower our engineering teams to own their applications end to end, from “building it” to “running it in production”
- Document procedures and modifications to environments
- Support production and non-production application environments
- Tools/automation development (primarily in Ember.js and Node.js)
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- 5+ years in a DevOps position
- Have a passion for automation and tool creation
- Understand modern browser architecture, and web and network fundamentals including firewalls, load balancers, caching, etc.
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with virtualization frameworks (Docker)
- Experience with build tools (Jenkins, Drone.io, grunt, ember-cli, etc)
- Experience with Rancher, AWS and CDNs
- Experience with Git
- Comfortable navigating the Linux command line
- Experience with DevOps
- Excellent communication skills, and hopefully a good sense of humor!
- Understand complex architectures and comfortable working with multiple teams
- Familiarity with object-oriented principles, common data structures and algorithms is strongly recommended
- Able to travel internationally
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.