PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Global Account Director
San Mateo, CA
Reporting into the Head of Global Account Management, the Sr. Manager, Global Account Director will fully own and be responsible for the holistic global relationship with the Partner, or portfolio of Partners. They will define, own and deliver commercial and strategic objectives globally, managing all top line revenue for the Partner, including quotas for retail disc, digital, live services, PS+,PS Now, etc. The Global Account Director will own the long term strategic planning, and lead joint business planning and execution of that plan with the Partner and SIE internally. Partner satisfaction is key, and as the senior liaison for the Partner, the Global Director will own the overall account health, and overall satisfaction of the business relationship and platform performance, nurturing a trusted and preferred partner relationship between SIE and the Partner. The Global Account Director will be an evangelist for PlayStation, with the knowledge and ability to promote all aspects of the business and platform. The Global Account Director will directly manage and mentor an international team of Account Managers. As a key leader in the Global Account Management team, the Global Account Director will help set the culture and rhythm of business for the organization. Ensuring that all team members are engaged and that proper governance exists to achieve departmental goals.
- Act as primary liaison for all facets of account and counterparts within PlayStation, ensuring smooth operation and hand-off of operational needs as dictated. Ensures account needs are being met by internal teams and provide leadership and guidance as needed.
- Act as a consistent evangelist for the PlayStation brand and PlayStation console services and features.
- Work with executive leadership to understand market dynamics, shifting consumer demands, and help adjust priorities and plans to meet future market needs.
- Develop and enforce normal external and internal cadence of business performance reviews, post-mortems and account improvements.
- Generate, own and practically implement agreed Joint Business Plan initiatives with the Partner.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of the Partner’s business, portfolio and long term strategic vision.
- Identify opportunities and lead formal partnerships with the Partner.
- Ensure internal teams aligned to deliver and support key content and initiatives.
- Develop KPIs / metrics and conduct performance analysis for key content and initiatives.
- Work with the Partner and internal teams to deliver physical and digital best practice across the whole product lifecycle.
- Develop ongoing governance and best practice methodology with other Global Account Directors.
- Lead the team of Account Managers globally to deliver and execute upon the Joint Business Plan in each region.
- Mentor and line manage assigned Account Managers globally.
- Identify and deliver content suitable for specific platform activity and campaigns (PS Now, PS+, PS Hits etc.).
- Identify Partner content to drive a PlayStation message and point of difference.
- Advanced Degree in Business, Marketing or Commensurate Relevant Experience.
- 15+ years of experience in Sales, Account Management, Publisher Relations, etc…
- 10+ years of relevant Revenue Management and team manager experience, managing teams of 10+ People.
- Experience working in Media, Entertainment, Hi-Tech and Other Associated Verticals.
- Experience working with and selling to large, complex Global Organizations with highly matrixed team
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.