PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2019.
- As a UX Designer for PlayStation Partners / Tools, you will work to define the user model and user interface for new and existing SIE internal and external software applications that support the digital supply chain of SIE’s products and services.
- You will develop high level and/or detailed storyboards and wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- The UX Designer will negotiate design-related requirements and play an active lead role in the feedback and iteration cycle.
- You will participate in user testing to gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
- You'll work closely with Engineering, Product Planning, Senior Management, and regional stakeholders located around the world throughout all stages of the product cycle.
- Champion and effectively communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment
- Define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change
- Ensure that the design vision is executed correctly during the development process
- Extensive experience in designing compelling and quality interfaces
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge and clean visual design sense
- Expertise using Sketch, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or other design/prototyping software
- Understanding and experience with User Centered Design Methodologies (UCD)
- Should be self-motivated, highly organized, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.