PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Cloud Analytics & Reporting Solutions Lead
San Diego, CA (Rancho Bernardo)
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Analytics and Reporting Solutions lead to join the Business Intelligence Services (BIS) team at Sony PlayStation.
The successful applicant will be responsible for helping BIS expand our current BI tool portfolio of MicroStrategy, Adobe Analytics, Tableau and SQL, to include AWS tools and other developing technologies.
This role will be based in our San Diego office and will be required to fit into a highly skilled global team while working with limited direct supervision.
- Translate business-defined capabilities into system/product requirements, frequently in collaboration with Product, Architecture, Engineering and other teams.
- Assess implementation requirements and make informed recommendations to management.
- Evaluate BI products with respect to technical requirements to fill business capability needs, product maturity, and integration complexity.
- Help define field of use, standards, and best practices around assigned products and technologies.
- Implement agreed upon solutions to documented business needs and provide ongoing support for those solutions.
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to less senior team members.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in application design, architecture and development. Understanding of software engineering processes, system development life cycles and Agile methodology.
- Expert product and technical experience specifically focused in enabling various Big Data Analytics and reporting related services in AWS (e.g. S3, EMR, EC2, Athena, Kinesis, Glue, QuickSight, Redshift, etc.).
- AWS Certification is desired (preferably AWS Big Data – Specialty)
- Strong problem solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integrations.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and capability to lead.
- Must have eligibility to work in the US and travel to UK and Japan
- Must be fluent in English.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.