PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Analytics Engineering Lead
San Diego, CA (Rancho Bernardo)
PlayStation is looking for a Senior Analytics Engineering Lead to join the Data Strategy & Operations team in San Diego.
You will be responsible for helping DSO optimize and expand our current BI tool portfolio of Adobe Analytics, Domo, MicroStrategy, Tableau and SQL, to include other developing technologies.
This role will be based in our San Diego office and will be required to fit into a highly skilled global team while working with limited direct supervision.
- You will be managing an incubating team for a strategic greenfield reporting project – collaborating closely with a global peer group on the design and implementation.
- You will translate business-defined capabilities into system/product requirements, frequently in collaboration with Product, Architecture, Engineering and other teams.
- You will assess implementation requirements and make informed recommendations to management.
- You will evaluate BI products with respect to technical requirements to fill business capability needs, product maturity, and integration complexity.
- You will manage RFP\PoC processes on any recommended technologies for any relevant programs.
- You will help define field of use, standards, and standard methodologies around assigned products and technologies.
- You implement agreed upon solutions to documented business needs and provide ongoing support for those solutions.
- You'll provide technical guidance and mentoring to less senior team members.
- You will participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- You will need to have eligibility to work in the US and travel to UK and Japan
- You will need to be fluent in English.
- 7 to 10+ years of experience in business intelligence application design, architecture and development. Understanding of software engineering processes, system development life cycles and Agile methodology.
- Expert product and technical experience specifically focused in enabling varied analytics and reporting methodologies.
- Deep knowledge with at least one of the following database technologies and familiarity with the others: relational, columnar and NoSQL (i.e. Snowflake, Redshift, Netezza, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Vertica, MongoDB).
- Excellent understanding of data modelling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design – with both traditional 3rd normal form as well as dimensional modelling, such as star and snowflake).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability understand and set direction for complex technology integrations.
- Experience with a wide variety of business data (Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, etc.)
- Passion for turning complex data into UX focused, intuitive and performant visualizations.
- Proven experience in effectively partnering with business teams to deliver their goals and outcomes.
- Must be self-motivated, responsive, professional and dedicated to customer success.
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Goal oriented with strong attention to detail.
- AWS development experience and certification (preferably AWS Big Data Specialty)
- Experience with or exposure to scripting and big data technologies (Java, Python, R, etc.)
- Experience with statistical methodologies.
- Product Owner experience.
- Exposure to Data Science, Data Modeling and analytics.
- Japanese language proficiency and working experience strongly preferred.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.