PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Content Planning Manager, PlayStation Plus
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Manager, Content Planning for our PlayStation Services (PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now) team. The Manager, Content Planning is a key member of the team evaluating content from major game publishers through industry research and partnership with cross functional teams, and driving contract negotiation and execution with key publishing partners.
The ideal candidate will play a critical role in defining the content strategy for PlayStation Services, and driving fulfilment of this strategy through working with publishing partners and internal cross functional teams (third party relations, games lifecycle management, business analytics). The candidate will provide critical support in content selection/curation, setting strategy, deal negotiation, execution and management. The candidate will use industry knowledge and data to identify content that best meets the needs of the business and consumers and work collaboratively to drive alignment of cohesive global content programs across key global stakeholders.
The successful candidate is data driven, extremely detail oriented and a strong communicator who responds well in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills is also important, as s/he will lead communication with key stakeholders across a global organization and manage relationships with key publishing partners.
- Manage and evaluate content performance through data, research, and industry knowledge in an effort to find the best content to engage PlayStation Plus subscribers
- Drive contract negotiation with publishing partners to drive fulfilment of content services with the best profitability outcomes for the business
- Day-to-day operational management of game content portfolio; support the content team needs across the company (operations, legal, finance, business intelligence/reporting)
- Manage and evaluate game content performance and deliver presentations that surface insights to meet objectives of the content services
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university
- At least 8+ years of experience in account management, content management, business development in digital entertainment
- Experience in contract negotiation and deal execution
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, and a persistent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a quickly in a dynamic, changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to propose, shape and lead new propositions and strategies throughout a complex, global organization
- Excellent data analysis and quantitative skills
- Ability to adapt to a quickly in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify and cultivate key relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to lead individuals in creating and executing the best solutions for the business, partners and consumers
- Knowledge of digital gaming landscape, key players, and competitive offerings
- Advanced degree preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.