PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Content Planning, PlayStation Plus
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Senior Manager, Content Planning for our PlayStation Services (PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now) team. This role is responsible for defining the content strategy for PlayStation Services, developing a robust content portfolio, working with the games lifecycle management to secure appropriate content for PlayStation services, and working with analytics to create content-led KPI’s for driving engagement and retention on the PlayStation platform. The candidate will be responsible in leading a team for driving content buyout agreements with publishing partners, and leading deal negotiation and execution of content offerings, keeping in mind the best outcomes for the business and consumer.
The successful candidate is a thought leader in content strategy management, taking a data driven approach to defining the content strategy, and creating a strong pipeline of content to drive engagement within the platform. The candidate will take an analytical approach to deal negotiation and be able to successfully lead content buyouts with key industry partners. The candidate will lead a team that uses industry knowledge, research and insights to continue refining the content strategy and delivering on desired business outcomes of driving acquisition and retention of the PlayStation subscriber base. Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills is extremely important, as s/he will lead communication with key stakeholders across a global organization and manage relationships with key publishing partners.
- Define the strategic vision of the content services for PlayStation Plus, and lead alignment and buy-in across different stakeholders within a matrixed, global organization
- Develop and recommend criteria and metrics for content evaluation within the PlayStation platform, driving customer acquisition, engagement and retention
- Drive contract negotiation with publishing partners to drive fulfilment of content services with the best profitability outcomes for the business
- Lead a team in charge of day-to-day operational management of game content portfolio; supporting the content team needs across the company (operations, legal, finance, business analytics/reporting)
- Manage and evaluate game content performance and deliver presentations that surface insights to meet objectives of the content services
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university
- At least 12 years of experience in account management, content management, business development in the digital entertainment space
- Experience leading contract negotiation and buyout deals with content partners
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Ability to propose, shape and lead new propositions and strategies throughout a complex, global organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, and a persistent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a quickly in a dynamic, changing, fast-paced environment
- Excellent data analysis and quantitative skills
- Ability to adapt to a quickly in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of digital gaming landscape, key players, and competitive offerings
- Knowledge of subscription business and metrics
- Advanced degree preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.