Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Join the award-winning God of War team! The Executive Assistant supports and partners with the Head of Santa Monica Studio in managing the business, operation and administration of the global studio. Deliver short and long-term goals by collaborating closely with a variety of groups including Studio ops, Studio leadership, Facilities, IT and corporate service groups.
The role fulfills a key aspect of organizing and driving the studio’s day-to-day operation, special projects and overall development goals. The ability to independently manage deliverables, meet deadlines, build high-functioning relationships, balance competing priorities, effectively bridge communication, and facilitate decision-making in a fast-paced team environment is essential.
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of project management and executive support experience with the demonstrated ability to successfully lead projects. This requires an attention to detail, solid organizational skills, ability to multi-task a high-volume of requests and support a wide range of internal and external contacts.
Head of Studio Support
- Partner with Studio head to manage global studio needs and provide wide ranging day-to-day, executional support.
- Manage planning, priorities, communication, deadlines and deliverables to support overall Studio function. Maintain a regular cadence of status updates to key stakeholders.
- Act on behalf of the studio head or as a studio liaison to facilitate communication, resolve time- sensitive matters, respond to inquiries, fulfill requests and draft correspondence. Review, route and follow-up on action steps in correspondence.
- Build cross-functional relationships with internal, corporate and external partners. Interact with studio and corporate staff at all organizational levels.
- Organize plans, agendas, reports and presentations for meetings, team/project events, outreach efforts and studio initiatives. Partner with staff to coordinate logistics including invites, materials, participants and technology.
- Research, analyze and collate information to support informed and timely decision-making. Disseminate complex information and manage confidential information with discretion.
- May supervise other project management and support staff.
Special projects & Priority initiatives
- Own and deliver projects and initiatives from conception to conclusion.
- Oversee the strategy and development for special projects, studio initiatives and team events as needed.
- Drive the comprehensive planning and project manage goals, participants, schedules, key deliverables and calendars.
- Delegate project tasks based on overall goals and individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Monitor and escalate issues and risks to management as needed.
- Partner with studio leadership to improve and build the studio on an on-going basis.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of project management and executive administrative support experience.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and with a wide-range of personalities.
- Ability to manage wide-spanning responsibilities and oversee projects with minimal direction.
- Ability to address urgent needs in a timely manner, handle sensitive matters with tact and manage confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to positively influence the culture and operation of the studio.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively and efficiently disseminate complex information.
- Highly motivated, goal orientated and customer focused.
- Confident, energetic and maintains a positive attitude.
- Takes initiative, anticipates potential issues and problem solves solutions.
- Flexibility in managing shifting priorities and ability to manage ambiguity.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator Premier/Editing software a plus.
- Reports to: Head of Studio
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.