PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation Network is a one stop shop for not only the best games, but for all forms of premium entertainment including Movies, TV, Music, and Apps.
As a Department Assistant, you are a multi-tasker with strong project management skills to coordinate/manage all areas of administrative support for a dynamic department within our Platform Planning & Management (PPM) function. You are a natural operator in a global environment and have a seamless ability to communicate with multi-disciplined and multi-cultural personnel. You are a dynamic person with a positive “can-do” attitude who is willing to learn and grow. You are a dependable resource whose main objective is to provide support for the needs of the department and its leaders.
- General Administrative Duties
- Provide administrative support for the department’s executive(s) including but not limited to managing swiftly-changing executive calendar(s), planning agendas, scheduling meetings (liaising with IT and facilities as necessary), arranging travel, processing expense reports, planning events, generating various reports, etc.
- Ensure a timely flow of information; obtain signatures and authorizations; answer and screen phone calls; manage correspondence and communication flow for executive(s)
- Serve as an administrative liaison between the department and Sony groups, vendors, and industry contacts
- Serve as a helpful knowledge base for the department, especially for process and procedures, and provide assistance in a hands-on, proactive manner
- Liaise effectively with Executive and Administrative Assistant counterparts and build strong working relationships with a wide range of company stakeholders at all levels
- Arrange security/visitor badges, receive visitors, and escort them to/from meetings
- Send/receive mail and packages
- Department Support Duties
- Create purchase orders and receive/submit invoices for payment
- Support on/off-site event planning and coordination including but not limited to budget management and seeking/negotiating meeting venues/vendors for all-hands meetings, workshops, summits, etc.
- Initiate NDAs with new business partners and vendors through the company’s contract management system including the facilitation of feedback/discussion between legal department and external parties as necessary
- Capture and distribute succinct summaries/notes and action items from department meetings, workshops, summits, etc.
- Support presentation creation, maintenance, and finalization
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree and/or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of administrative or relevant work experience
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Process-oriented, with attention to detail and ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner
- Self-starter and results-oriented
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word), SRM, Concur, and SAP
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to lift 10+ pounds
- Japanese foreign language skills
- Experience working in a multi-national global company
- Experience working with a contract management system
- Experience with event planning and related activities
- Interest in interactive entertainment and digital distribution
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.