PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Partner Marketing Manager
San Mateo, CA
We are a team of experienced leaders with a strategic and creative mindset whose mission is to establish, build and maintain positive relationships with third party publishers and developers by understanding their portfolio, evangelizing their products and delivering best in class client service. We develop marketing strategies and business opportunities to innovate and integrate third party experiences with our brand to build a long-term value.
As a Sr. Partner Marketing Manager you are an architect within Third Party Relations, responsible for tailoring the global marketing strategy to fit your designated account regional needs. The role encompasses regional segmentation strategy, cross-functional communication, and competitive analysis with a key focus on data-driven decision making and lifecycle management to grow and deliver on the business unit’s revenue goals. You will work very closely with your Global Partner Marketing Manager to deliver high-touch account and marketing support.
- Ingest the global marketing plans and strategies provided by the Global Partner Marketing Manager for designated third party publishers and tailor it for your applicable regions. This requires collaborating with the regional Account Manager, Platform Marketing as well as Store & Services to determine aligned priorities and delivering rollout plans
- Work closely with the Global Strategy & Planning and regional marketing and media teams to understand trends, markets and segmentation for each of your designated regions to influence global strategy
- Tailor the global consumer engagement and acquisition strategy for lifecycle management for your assigned accounts in your region including refining segmentation, message matrices, testing & optimization plans and measurements for success
- KPIs / Goals – Track and communicate performance of regional partnership and account goals internally with strategic advice and analysis on measurable analytics
- Marketing – Fully own the modification of the global partnership narrative and platform advantage message to be used across marketing efforts regionally
- Marketing – Regionally track competitive activities (platform, publisher, title) to understand changing market dynamics to influence regional and global campaigns. Ensuring to keep the Global Partner Marketing Manager well informed and updated on learnings
- Marketing – Create and present incremental ATL and BTL support recaps to demonstrate the PlayStation value for the publisher with learnings and recommendations
- Marketing – Develop and present go-to market plans for AAA portfolio titles regionally
- Contractual Commitments – Facilitate regional discussions and planning for contractual marketing commitments including setting up calls, reviewing creative, ensuring PlayStation advantage integration meets standards and lead all BTL from beginning to end.
- Contractual Commitments – Work in partnership with media, hardware marketing as well as retail marketing teams to review and track all regional ATL and co-marketing activations against both partnership and portfolio titles
- Account Health - Serve as the trusted point of contact for assigned accounts by monitoring overall health, identifying challenges, translating business needs into solutions, advocating internally at SIE for account, proactively providing best practices and remaining highly engaged and focused on account needs.
- Misc - Lead special projects as assigned
- Partner with the Regional Account Lead and Partner Marketing Group Manager to monitor performance of accounts and provide campaign management and marketing strategy recommendations to improve performance to the Global Partner Marketing Manager
- Review and track all regional ATL and co-marketing activations against both partnership and portfolio titles
- Track, report and analyze effectiveness and impact of BTL marketing efforts across the full spectrum of PlayStation owned social media channels including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram, CRM
- Foster positive internal relationships to help internal teams succeed and achieve their objectives
- Represent the Partner Marketing team as the principal contact for designated accounts and deliver professional presentations at internal summits and training events in front of key leaders and executives throughout the organization when the Global Partner Marketing Manager cannot be present
- Collaborate with assigned publishers to build and customize strategies to fuse both their priorities and PlayStation’s into a cohesive go-to market plan
- Drive publisher calls and in-person meeting logistics including setting up appropriate technology, sending out agendas and formulating recap notes for assigned portfolio accounts
- At least 6-8 years of Brand, Product or Partner Marketing experience within gaming or top companies of entertainment preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively and professionally cross-functionally as well as with our external partners
- Ability to influence teams and individuals as well as effectively leverage and utilize resources and relationships for optimal results
- Distinctive problem-solving, strategic-thinking, and analytical capabilities
- Must apply quantitative analysis and business judgment to analyze the SIE business. Will identify opportunities based on analysis, current market conditions, and a complete understanding of both SIE and account objectives and plans. Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to solve problems efficiently and the confidence to respond with appropriate level of urgency to situations
- Very organized with attention to detail, can prioritize a varied workload and successfully manage multiple deadlines with a busy schedule
- An interest in, and knowledge of, video games is essential
- Highly computer, social media and technology literate including proficiency in MS Office and G Suite
Help us to see you…
- Are collaborative, a team player and a creative problem solver
- Approach everyday situations with critical thinking
- Can communicate effectively and build long-lasting working relationships
- Are confident and articulate for public speaking and presenting
- Are respectful, curious and an entrepreneur
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.