PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Program Manager
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will leverage your passion for tackling complexity head-on, working with diverse team members and partner teams on consumer products. Your role will be a highly-visible, cross-functional role. You will work with leads from business, product, planning, and engineering to synthesize business needs, influence decisions, manage full software life-cycles, and guide engineering teams to successful product releases.
As a key member of the engineering team, you will plan technical roadmaps and projects with engineers, product managers, and designers across multiple teams. You will plan requirements with development teams and usher projects through the entire product life-cycle. You will lead complex, multidisciplinary development projects and work with multiple teams to achieve outstanding results. You will need to be equally at home explaining the team’s analyses, risks and recommendations to executives and stakeholders as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers. And finally, you will champion user experience and customer satisfaction as you drive and lead initiatives from concept to production.
- Be a key contributor in the planning and delivery of software projects, spanning multiple development teams in multiple global locations
- Manage technical program schedules, roadmaps, and trade-offs
- Partner with Product Management (PdM) to translate the desires of the business into technical requirements
- Partner with Engineering (Eng) Management to manage best practices, both technical and operational
- Partner with Program Management Office (PMO) to drive large-scale programs from inception to delivery
- Interface with Engineering Teams to drive progress
- Interface with Design, Product, and Engineering to drive towards decisions that align with strategic initiatives
- Coordinate plans and schedules with different program practices (i.e. Agile, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.)
- Cultivate relationships across departments and groups in order to fully understand and address organizational needs
- 2+ years of experience in software program management
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and release processes
- Experience in agile software development methodologies and principles
- Attention to detail and ability to make good, timely decisions
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate across multiple teams, multiple time zones, and with multidisciplinary team members
- Requires proficiency with project management and communication tools, such as Confluence, Google Suite, JIRA, Office Suite, Slack, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent
- Scrum Master certification, desirable
- Games/Entertainment industry experience, desirable
- R&D experience, desirable
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in Sony PlayStation.