PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Services Insights Analyst
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Services Insights Analyst will be responsible for insightful and actionable analysis for the Games Service business, which includes PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now. This individual will evaluate the impact of new business initiatives and use behavioral data to better understand the PlayStation customer’s experience. This individual must be equally effective in extracting and manipulating data to generate insights and in communicating, both written and verbal, to socialize and evangelize analyses to stakeholders.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Partner with Games Service stakeholders to understand their evolving business needs and provide actionable insights that are firmly grounded in behavioral data.
- Extract, analyze, synthesize and interpret data from multiple sources to build a comprehensive picture of customer behavior that will be used to identify & prioritize strategies to grow the Games Service business. Specifically:
- Identify opportunities to drive both subscription sales and subscriber engagement.
- Optimize the effectiveness of upcoming promotions by working with the Global Services team to understand the parameters of the promotion, forecasting various “what-if” scenarios, and recommending a plan that is firmly grounded in behavioral data.
- Coordinate with the larger global analytics team to ensure forecast assumptions are aligned across teams.
- Develop a KPI framework that drives success for the business by identifying the right set of KPIs and setting future KPI targets for the business to achieve.
- Proactively and concurrently work with Business Intelligence teams to build out improved data capabilities. Lead analytics initiatives that bring together various groups to develop best practices and share learnings.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Data-driven and highly skilled at extracting/manipulating data and identifying/resolving data discrepancies
- Think proactively and creatively in order to identify opportunities for the business
- Excellent communication skills to tell a coherent and compelling story by visualizing data
- Strong project management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- SQL expertise (must be able to pass SQL test)
- Experience with Business Intelligence query tools (e.g., MicroStrategy, Tableau)
- Extremely proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- 8+ years of relevant experience in data, marketing and/or business analysis
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience with subscription service models
- A passion for video games
- Master Degree preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.