PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Store Global Promotions Lead
San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation store business has continued to deliver massive growth and is also evolving rapidly towards new business models. In response, we are undertaking an exciting global restructure which will leverage specialist teams to drive efficiency and optimisation. As part of this, we are creating a Global Content Lifecycle Management (CLM) team who will be responsible for driving the value proposition of the Store.
Reporting to the Head of CLM, the Global Promotions Lead will implement the CLM strategy through the optimisation of the PlayStation Store’s global promotional business. The Global Promotions Lead will deliver the end to end operation of promotions. The ideal candidate will be evangelical about using data modelling and predictive analytics to shape decision making around digital content promotions, have strong attention to detail and be able to thrive in a fast-paced commercial environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and own the global digital promotional calendar. Use data to identify additional promotional opportunities for individual territories and territory segments
- Work with data sciences to build tools that automate the optimisation of content selection and pricing for digital promotions
- Work with the Commercial Management team to ensure that digital promotional content and creative is locally relevant
- Work with BP&I to create accurate forecasts for digital promotions, to measure success while promotions are live and to create post mortems for completed campaigns to identify best practice
- Evaluate the effects of competitive promotions to our brand, changes in base price structure, and ongoing competitive analysis.
- Test pricing scenarios validate spending on digital promotions and respond to other common pricing and promotion challenges.
- Manage the end to end execution of promotions including admin tasks, QA and briefing of Commercial Management
- Inspire, motivate and develop the team to achieve outstanding performance
Experience & Skills:
- Retail buying experience within the Games category including the design and execution of promotional campaigns
- Demonstrable analytical mindset
- Ability to self-manage and balance multiple projects and priorities
- Attention to detail and a real drive for quality output
- Effective leadership skills – able to engage, motivate and develop staff at all levels and in different geographies
- Strong communication skills, a proactive attitude, sense of humour, and a drive for results
- As the role is global, regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.