PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego, CA
This is an opportunity to work on and influence the development of a really cool product with a massive and rapidly growing global customer base. Fun-focused team with end-to-end visibility of the product and the business.
About this position:
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Program Manager ensuring account safety and availability on the Playstation Network. This role will be responsible for driving programs and projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. In this role, you will work with a globally distributed cross-functional team (product engineering, product management, business operations, marketing, consumer support, legal, finance) to ensure product and operational readiness for market delivery.
The Program Manager Is Expected To Partner With The Worldwide Sony Engineering And Product Organization To Lead, Manage, And Drive Forward Software Projects Including:
- Owning project and program schedules, task assignments, and managing overall schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and actively managing dependencies, mitigating risks, and executive reporting.
- Collaborating with staff and management of multiple worldwide business units, and outside 3rd parties (including subject matter experts, design teams, and technology teams) to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, and tasks.
- Candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the Program Management group.
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively. Must be results driven.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years experience working in a Program/Project Management in an agile environment. Project Management experience on UI design/software engineering projects also a must.
- Requires solid understanding of software lifecycle and release processes.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and needs to be organized, detail-oriented, and analytical.
- 3+ years experience in Agile development methodologies and principles is a must. SAFe certification helpful.
- Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions.
- Must excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management across Western and Japanese cultures.
- Occasional domestic travel required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.