PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Producer, International Software Development (ISD)
Playa Vista, CA
The Producer, International Software Development partners with WWS global development teams and Regional RHQ stakeholders to oversee the successful completion of product franchises and special projects for release in North America and Latin America. This individual manages the coordination of internal resources to best support the initiatives of development partners, facilitates and monitors all activities within SIE, and actively partners with all RHQ business units and key stakeholders. This individual represents and evangelizes the development team products, and works to maximize revenue for SIE and WWS partners. This individual serves as a mentor and trusted resource for more junior members of ISD staff.
- Represent one or more franchises, both internally and externally, to ensure smooth progress of projects and launch through all SIE departments, including finance, legal, marketing, public relations and operations on a worldwide basis.
- Responsible for overseeing all phases of the localization and culturalization process for multiple licensed products, guiding teams to specify and manage the production process in order to maximize success and minimize risk.
- Manage and track process / project deliverables, localization assets and deliverable schedules to ensure timely completion of International Software Development franchises, special projects and special business initiatives.
- Analyze and anticipate project risk and drive mitigation strategies that help remove barriers to timely and cost effective project completion.
- Anticipate and plan for the impact of projects on other systems, business units, etc. Identify and seek the support of key company personnel affected by the project.
- Facilitate information and work flow, typically between technical / product development and non-technical / publishing units of the company, in regular processes or on special projects and strategic business initiatives.
- Identify, secure and enhance relationships with global development teams, cross-regional partners, and RHQ business units in the achievement of project objectives.
- Contribute to International Software Development project budget, schedule, milestone and cost / benefit decision-making, and track and communicate results to global stakeholders.
- Create and maintain project documentation in order to facilitate global projects and ensure successful completion and communication.
- Serve as a resource to global WWS development teams and local SIE RHQ business units, assisting in the resolution of complex problems or implementation of project deliverables.
- Evangelize International Software Development business awareness and best practices with global development teams and cross-regional partners.
- Understand the business implications of projects, and increase staff awareness of global business factors and disseminate information on new policies and / or strategic business initiatives.
- Anticipate and plan for the impact of projects on other SIE business units. Assist to identify and seek the support of key company personnel affected by the project.
- Participate in planning marketing, promotion and public relations strategies for products and give input or assist when necessary in the development of marketing and related assets/materials to promote the product
- Contribute to current and future departmental needs by participating in strategy and process planning with senior ISD management.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and work efficiently under pressure
- Support all assigned titles at various SIE events, meetings and other business opportunities as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent direct work experience) and a minimum of 5 years of project management, product development or related industry experience.
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to apply creative solutions within business constraints.
- Must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills in handling complex situations with the ability to negotiate and recommend solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook or equivalent E-mail client, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer or equivalent Web Browser required. Adobe Photoshop (Adobe Creative Cloud), Microsoft Powerpoint, Scheduling software, e.g. HacknPlan, JIRA, Asana or other task tracking tools
- Project management or product development experience in entertainment or videogame industry required.
- International experience
- prior industry experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.