PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Program Manager
San Diego, CA
This is an opportunity to work on and influence the development of a really cool product with a massive and rapidly growing global customer base. You’ll join a fun-focused team with end-to-end visibility of the product and the business.
About this position:
SIE seeks a driven, self-motivated, and energetic Senior Program Manager to lead various programs in a cutting-edge technical environment at PlayStation Network. This person will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of programs which enhance the way PlayStation Network is maintained and secured.
The ideal candidate will communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, including Senior Leadership and internal / external stakeholders. This person holds themselves accountable for finding solutions to complex program problems.
To be successful in this space, the candidate must be comfortable in a dynamic, flexible environment, bridging engineering and product management requirements. He or she will be responsible for programs which span a variety of projects, teams, geographical locations, areas of focus, and milestones.
- Develop the end-to-end program plan; own program schedules; drive execution. Identify and effectively manage success criteria, key milestones, timelines, and dependencies
- Coordinate with staff and management (including subject matter experts, designer, and developers) to clearly identify, explain, and communicate scope, expectations, and related tasks
- Anticipate program risks, understands impacts, and drives mitigation throughout the plan
- Translates prior experience in other fields to leverage that knowledge to perform in unfamiliar contexts
- Evaluates technological, business and product parameters to create a strategy for their domain
- Provide transparent communication to all stakeholders. Owns the outcome within their domain and manages escalations appropriately
- Embodies the spirit of Kaizen
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively. Must be results driven
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years’ experience working as a Program Management in agile and waterfall environments
- Requires solid understanding of software lifecycle and release processes
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail
- Must be able to drive timely decisions among stakeholders
- Must excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management across a global market
- Occasional domestic travel required
- Familiarity or experience with any of the following areas: network infrastructure, network engineering, security, vulnerability management, and fraud management.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.