PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Store Editorial Lead
San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation store business has continued to deliver massive growth and is also evolving rapidly towards new business models. In response, we are undertaking an exciting global restructure which will leverage specialist teams to drive efficiency and optimisation. As part of this, we are creating a Global Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) team who will be responsible for driving conversion to purchase.
Reporting to the Head of CRO, the Editorial Lead will be responsible for maximising the reach and visibility of content and relevancy to local markets. The Editorial lead will identify opportunities to create collections of content that support strategic priorities of the platform such as VR and F2P whilst also creating opportunities to showcase high quality content. The ideal candidate will have a real passion for Gaming and be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the PlayStation consumer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive editorial strategy based on the strategic priorities for the business. Lead the editorial team through the execution of this strategy
- Devise and execute initiatives that drive content discovery alongside more personalised activity
- Design content journeys for targeted audience segments
- Drive profitable growth of the digital business by improving KPI performance across conversion and engagement metrics
- Work with Global Marketing team to ensure that tone of voice is consistent with the parent brand and that consumer journeys are consistent across all channels
- Work with territory stakeholders to ensure content is relevant for the local consumer and business
- Inspire, motivate and develop the editorial team to achieve outstanding performance. Be responsible for the quality of their output
Experience & Skills:
- Creative and energetic team player who has a passion for content creation
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills to maintain the editorial calendar, meet deadlines, and keep track of content from the creation process through launch and the lifespan of the content piece
- Critical thinking and strategic planning skills
- Audience-centred mindset
- Ability to analyse and present data-driven results
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding and passion for PlayStation content
- Effective leadership skills – able to engage, motivate and develop staff at all levels and in different geographies
- Strong communication skills, a proactive attitude, sense of humour, and a drive for results
- As the role is global, regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.