PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Store Optimization Lead
San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation store business has continued to deliver massive growth and is also evolving rapidly towards new business models. In response, we are undertaking an exciting global restructure which will leverage specialist teams to drive efficiency and optimisation. As part of this, we are creating a Global Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) team who will be responsible for driving conversion to purchase.
Reporting to the Head of CRO, the Optimization Lead will be responsible for increasing overall spend by optimising the consumer journey and leveraging all upsell opportunities. The Optimization Lead will be relentless in their focus on using the data available through Adobe Analytics and working with the BP&I team to tease out actionable insights. The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic and flexible team player, have a strong attention to detail and have an analytical mind that thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive global experience optimization strategy based on data and insight. Lead the optimisation team through the execution of this strategy
- Drive profitable growth of the digital business by improving KPI performance across conversion and consumer satisfaction metrics
- Be an expert in multivariate testing and use expertise to identify the most valuable tests to be performed. Act as an advocate to drive a testing and optimization mindset across the business
- Work with territory stakeholders to optimise e2e journey for the local consumer and business
- Inspire, motivate and develop the global optimization team to achieve outstanding performance. Be responsible for the quality of their output
Experience & Skills:
- Creative and energetic team player who has a passion for experience optimization
- Expert on using optimization tools
- Very good understanding of the use of digital analytics in optimization
- Strong knowledge of conversion optimization and trends
- Best practice focused, ensuring we stay relevant and ahead of consumer expectations
- Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships with key global stakeholders
- Effective leadership skills – able to engage, motivate and develop staff at all levels and in different geographies
- Strong communication skills, a proactive attitude, sense of humour, and a drive for results
- As the role is global, regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.