PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Program Manager
San Francisco, CA
PS Vue is our pioneering premium streaming television service that delivers a rich lineup of live local, broadcast, and On Demand channels from top content providers. We are currently building our next generation of advertising technology to deliver meaningful and targeted ads that will delight customers and maximize revenue. We’re looking for a solid Senior Program Manager with ad tech experience who will drive cross-functional teams to deliver our ad tech vision.
The Senior Program Manager for PS Vue Ad Tech will be responsible for driving projects from inception through to deployment. They will partner with product, user experience, ad operations, security and client scrum teams to lead, manage, and drive forward our ad tech projects ranging from Ad Server and Ad Delivery, campaign management, reporting, as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a world-class video advertising business. To this end the successful candidate will:
- Own, track and report on project schedules and assignments, from large phases through to detailed tasks
- Understand and manage dependencies and identify and mitigate risks
- Collaborate with staff and management of multiple business units and outside 3rd parties to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, and tasks
- Establish and optimize the methods and metrics used to track performance and make decisions within the PMO.
The successful candidate feels a true sense of ownership in the ad tech space - and holds themselves accountable to deliver business value and execution of projects through delivery.
- 7+ years experience working in a program management capacity in a software development environment.
- 2+ years experience working directly with advertising technology.
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies.
- Experience with Release Planning.
- Experience in television, digital media software and/or gaming industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work effectively and professionally with cross-functional groups.
- Must excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management.
- Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize assignments to meet required deadlines.
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively.
- Must demonstrate effective leadership and able to build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but don’t get mired in them
- Kaizen – the desire for continuous improvement for yourself and your team – is in your DNA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.