PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Software Engineer II is responsible for design and implementation of interactive web-based services. Candidate will be creating and improving Java code as well as providing component level designs for the Sony PlayStation Network platform. Team is focused on developing services for Sony Interactive Entertainment’s commerce platform.
- You will design and implement RESTful Web Services API and algorithms
- You will produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
- You can work independently, under tight time constraints, respond to evolving requirements and strategic shifts in direction
- You are familiar and comfortable with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Participate as a member of development team and work well with in a team environment.
- Perform in-depth analysis of functional or business requirements.
- Achieves team consent and buy-in; perceived as a positive and constructive collaborator especially in code reviews.
- Prepare and execute unit and integration tests.
- Apply advanced technical knowledge to innovate in a technology area (e.g. Java).
- Be able to suggest solutions and designs for complex problems.
- Implement end user or enterprise infrastructure or services prepared by senior technologists.
- Provide time / resource estimates for assigned tasks.
- Able to identify and debug issues with high volume traffic in a N-tiered system without direct access to the machines.
- Develops according to specific requirements with awareness of scalability, hardware capabilities and cross environment and platform implication.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with Java
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems in a team environment
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience developing web services using JSON, XML and RESTful API design
- Experience building scalable systems with very high levels of concurrency and transactions.
- Experience in building high-performance and cloud based scalable web services.
- Experience with design and implementation of modern web services architecture and API frameworks
- Experience implementing services backed by NoSQL data stores
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, participate in code reviews and documentation; experience with open source based technology stack
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty, and defensive engineering to minimize impact
- Strong ability to do root cause analysis / troubleshooting production issues in a high traffic volume environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Search, Machine Learning, Online Gaming domains
- Practical experience writing concurrent services in Golang
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, containerization, Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with production monitoring tools such as Splunk, APM, Sensu, ExtraHop
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery experience
- Cloud based software (AWS, Openstack)
- Experience with microservices architecture-SOA polyglot environment
- Experience with eCommerce
- Experience with Code Pipeline/Troposphere
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.