PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Head of Conversion Analytics
San Mateo, CA
Working in the Global Store and Services (GSS) team which is the fastest growing area of Sony Interactive Entertainment. GSS are part of a vibrant organization that manage both the transactional store and subscription businesses for PlayStation.
This is a pivotal role that will play an integral part of the Senior Commercial Management team. You will help to shape our transition to a global operating model by defining the current and future strategy for the analytics that drive revenue conversion.
Build out and maintain a high performing team that embeds data at the heart of GSS’ decision making process. Empower our commercial teams through the innovative and progressive use of data.
- Define conversion metrics to ensure our storefronts are effectively monetizing traffic
- Create a/b testing framework to help optimize our products
- Define CRO roadmap that supports commercial objectives
- Set KPI’s for revenue optimization in conjunction with Head of CRO
- Develop, analyze and monitor key company metrics to identify risks and opportunities
- Advise senior leadership of opportunities and risks impacting business performance using model results and insights
- Prepare recommendations that the business can action in order to reduce any risk or maximize returns
- Build learning systems that monitor data flows and react to changes in customer preferences and business objectives
- Work with product management to help define success criteria for new store features
- Provide thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with industry leaders
- Extensive experience working with web analytics and customer insight data on ecommerce or B2C websites
- In-depth knowledge and experience of different testing approaches (A/B, MVT etc)
- Good understanding of UX best practices/cross platform UX
- Experience creating test plans, using split testing software and analyzing split test results
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to structure problems for analysis, analyze the data and understand root cause.
- Demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively across different functions and influence senior business partners for data-driven decision making.
- Flexible and proactive approach
- 7+ years’ experience in a commercially focused analytical role – Ecommerce, B2C, FMCG, Entertainment,
- Working in a global company with large volumes of consumer data
- Cross functional organizational
- Adobe Analytics
- Testing tool knowledge (Optimizely, Maxymiser, Google Optimize etc)
- Experience in SQL
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.