PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Insights and Analysis
San Mateo, CA
Working in the Global Store and Services (GSS) team which is the fastest growing area of Sony Interactive Entertainment. GSS are part of a vibrant organization that manage both the transactional store and subscription businesses for PlayStation.
This is a pivotal role that will play an integral part of the Senior Commercial Management team. You will build out a high performing team that supports the commercial operations for GSS. They will empower the business with the tools and insight to effectively meet and exceed their commercial objectives. In order to succeed you will need to embed a test and learn framework to ensure that decisions are based on holistic and robust data points. In doing so you will help to shape our transition to a global operating model.
- Provide analytical support that helps to understand past consumer behavior and in turn forecast future trends.
- Develop insight and analytics roadmap that supports the delivery of commercial goals
- Embed a testing and learning framework to ensure decisions are based on data
- Build scalable tools/assets that can be leveraged by the business.
- Set KPI’s to monitor commercial teams objectives against budget
- Create a high performing global team that services the commercial teams.
- Create an analyst community that shares wider learnings
- Foster a culture of innovation that challenges how we do things
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to structure problems for analysis, analyze the data and understand root cause.
- Sound commercial and operational understanding of enterprise-level consumer organisations, including marketing, sales, consumer operations and finance
- Ability to explain complex data modelling & statistical analysis in a clear and simple manner with proven stakeholder presentation skills.
- You have a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and influence senior business partners for data-driven decision making.
- Commercial experience coding in SQL and either R or Python
- Experience of building/developing/inspiring high performing teams
- 10+ years’ experience in a commercially focused analytical role – Ecommerce, B2C, FMCG, Entertainment,
- Supported commercial teams – sales, marketing etc
- Working in a Global company with large volumes of consumer data
- Experience building machine learning models
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.