PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Contract Sr. Technical Program Manager. This role will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. The candidate is expected to partner with the worldwide Sony Engineering and Product organization to lead, manage, and drive forward software projects. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
Technical Program Manager / Sr. Technical Program Manager (Contract Position)
San Diego, CA
- Collaborating with staff and management of multiple worldwide business units and outside 3rd parties to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
- Working with the extended Program Management group to set the product definition, system level architecture and coordination with the various business and engineering teams- from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
- Author many types of documents including; scope, requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, action plans, status decks, and executive summaries.
- Contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the extended Program Management group.
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience required project/program managing or leading the delivery of online, secure, scalable software as a service and data as a service. Sr. TPM requires minimum of 5+ years of experience.
- Prefer candidates with project / program management (PMP) certification / training.
- Extensive recent experience with managing and optimizing complex technology transformation projects and programs.
- Extensive experience with orchestrating and coordinating complex programs and the associated budgets for teams delivering against these programs
- Experience driving efficiency and effectiveness priorities into the organization with associated KPIs.
- Proficiency with Project Management tools, preferably tools used in Agile development (Rally, Jira/Greenhopper, Version One, etc.)
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management. (Preferably global experience with diverse cultures)
- SAFE knowledge and experience
- Previous experience in an E-Commerce environment
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices
- Japanese language skills helpful
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.