PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Software Development in Test – Audio and Video Technology
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Are you passionate about high quality and have an eye for detail? Would you like to help ensure Playstation software runs smoothly for developers and users? Do you want your work to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time?
Sony PlayStation’s Research and Development group is looking for a motivated and creative hands on manager not only to lead a small testing team but also to develop sophisticated tests and tools to verify PLAYSTATION Audio and Video software’s functionality and features.
- Manage day to day API testing of Audio & Video operations to ensure the best quality deliverables for Playstation SDK.
- Work with engineering teams and stake holders to develop test strategy and create test plans, test procedures and test reports.
- Write test applications to verify all level of Audio and Video API functions and features. These applications or test-cases will be written in a combination of C/C++ and Python.
- Creating automated testing scripts for daily and release testing and integrate those to CI system.
- Design and build infrastructure for build and test automation. Typically this infrastructure will be built using Python.
- Responsible in best practice in software development and test for assigned projects.
- Proficient C++ programming experience (2 years min.)
- Proven record in leading software development and/or testing team
- Development using Python (1 year min.)
- Experience with different version control systems ex: Git, SVN, Perforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent (MS CS is preferable)
- Development and debugging tools experience on both Linux and Windows.
- Prior experience with PLAYSTATION®4 development is a plus.
- Familiarity with HEVC, H.264, H.265 and different video codecs is a plus.
- Familiarity with different Audio formats and spatial audio technology is a plus.
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or BuildBot.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.