PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh.
Come join the award-winning development team that created God of War! As Script Supervisor, you will be responsible for the continuity and stability of the game’s script by working closely with the Narrative Director on and off the performance capture stage.
- Take detailed notes before and during performance capture shoots concerning what has been shot and needs to be shot.
- Ensure consistency between scenes and shots while noting any deviations from take to take.
- Maintain an encyclopedic knowledge of the franchise canon and identify any discrepancies.
Performance Data Management
- Track all performance capture and VO sessions, with an in-depth knowledge of what has been shot and recorded.
- Juggle competing needs of production pipelines with actor availability for performance capture and VO session scheduling.
- Prepare for performance capture shoots and recording sessions by gathering scripts, call sheets, shot orders, and any other assets needed by the Narrative Director.
- Track selects made by the Narrative Director during performance capture shoots and VO sessions.
- Break down scripts into departmental asset lists (sound, VFX, props, etc.)
- Format scripts for ease of use tailored to the needs of other departments.
- Maintain visible script accuracy across all downstream and upstream pipelines.
- Update our localization database with up-to-the-minute changes to maintain parity across all script records.
- Professional experience as a script supervisor for television, film, or games with preference given to applicants with game industry experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across teams and departments.
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, and process knowledge.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- An undergraduate college degree - or - equivalent skill set.
- Must love games and have a passion for creating them!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.