PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Financial Systems Engineer
San Diego, CA
About the role and how you will spend your time:
- Listen, learn, and provide input. This Information System’s role collaborates with PlayStation Network engineering, product management, finance, and other stakeholders in addition to the internal team
- Play a leading role in financial system migration to AWS
- Financial data model and storage expansion: Oracle, Snowflake, S3, Redshift, etc
- Develop and manage end-end data integration from PlayStation’s online business all the way to the financial ledger. Work to develop both front-end and back-end within AWS, including but not limited to: back-end data transformations, ETL programs, variety of APIs, and reporting dashboards
- Analyze data to support complex queries from finance, tax, and compliance departments
- Desire to participate in PlayStation’s global online business report on revenue/costs to business
- Understanding of basic accounting
- Experience with software industry business models such as subscriptions, pre-orders, royalties, revenue sharing, and bounties
- Experience solving problems in complex data environments
- Experience with ETL Tools: Informatica, Matillion, etc
- Experience in back-end data model design; SQL (Oracle and/or Snowflake)
- Ability to operate both independently and collaboratively within teams
- Passion for pursuing new technologies and constantly learning
- Other tools: Linux, networking, code repository
- Ability to work with remote (London, Tokyo) stakeholders; ability to travel there if needed on a project basis
- University degree in a STEM field but more important is on-the-job experience with AWS components
Bonus points: ERP – SAP, BW; BI and Data Science experience
Why Sony Interactive Entertainment?
This is an opportunity to work on and influence the development of a really cool product with a massive and global customer base. Small fun-focused team with end-to-end visibility of the product and the business.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- 401K with company match; education assistance, generous paid leave, and more
- On site gym and cafe
- Release celebrations & happy hours
- Break rooms with networked PS4s; Monthly voucher for game/video/music usage
- Inter-office hackathon competitions
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.