PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation is seeking an experienced, service oriented, sales and marketing professional to build advertising partnerships with PlayStation’s most critical media partners. This is an exciting opportunity to be an early member on a brand new startup within the larger PlayStation organization with very high growth potential
Our Client Partner will build partnerships, provide leadership and business insight, and deliver on strategic initiatives to our partners across the Americas. With proven understanding of both gaming and digital media, this role will partner across the broader PlayStation organization to establish and strengthen senior-level client relationships with a focus on driving revenue, advertiser education and, most importantly, advertiser satisfaction. Success in this position requires passion for gaming and entertainment, strong consultative sales and analytical skills, a focus on client service, and the ability to thrive in and contribute to a dynamic, team-focused environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set the strategy, build relationships and deliver impact with a portfolio of high value partners
- Help define PlayStation’s overall approach and focus within a specific vertical and on a specific set of key client responsibilities
- Drive strategic conversations with our senior client stakeholders to define objectives and provide recommendations on how to best leverage the PlayStation platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to scope out business opportunities and to deliver results (i.e. facilitating plans & recommendations from teams such as product, merchandising, marketing and business intelligence through to implementation)
- Optimize campaigns through data driven recommendations to meet client objectives
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to synthesize feedback and adjust client approach accordingly
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any & all matters specific to your clients, including escalations
Decision Making Authority:
- Client Partners will be the ultimate decision makers responsible for defining, driving, and executing on partner strategy and communication in order to achieve revenue goals and client satisfaction
Required Academic & Work Experience:
- BA or BS degree or equivalent
- 6+ years of working experience in gaming, digital media, sales and/or partnership development
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA’s):
- Deep knowledge of digital media industry, PlayStation’s position in the market and offerings to end consumers
- Ability to structure, negotiate, and maintain significant and complex strategic relationships
- Experience working in and navigating a large or high-growth organization with many stakeholders
- A true team player able to partner with Client Solutions and other internal staff to bring strategies to life
- Familiarity with advertising best practices, trends, terms & conditions
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills at all levels of an organization
- High level of comfort presenting key client issues in an effort to be the customer advocate within PlayStation
- Travel is required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.