PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
CBE Staff Software Engineer (CDN)
Aliso Viejo, CA
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, the Cloud Gaming Engineering and Infrastructure (CGEI) team is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the CDN Cloud Engineering team, you’ll play a key role in the design and development of distributed systems which will help build a worldwide Content Delivery Network. This is a technical leadership role where you will be leading exciting initiatives and working with talented engineers to deliver cutting edge solutions for our end users.
- Leads and owns the development and deployment of large features and systems to support CDN functionality
- Ability to break high-level features into appropriate tasks for other engineers to develop
- Responsible for designing high-level architectures
- Triage and fix reported bugs
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to project and upper management
- Works with Test Engineering and QA to own end to end testing for functional/product area
- Continually brings new ideas about technology to engineering team
- Mentor other engineers on development best practices
- Builds and fosters relationships with other CGEI teams to help improve development process and eliminate inefficiencies
- Collaborate with other engineers or stakeholders in other SIE organizations
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 10-15 years of relevant development experience
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience building or maintaining a CDN
- Experience using other third-party CDNs (ie. Akamai, CenturyLink, Fastly, etc)
- Experience with storage hardware (SSDs, NVMe)
- Experience with distributed file systems (Ceph, HDFS, etc.)
- Expert knowledge on building highly resilient distributed systems which can handle significant load
- Expert knowledge of Java or Golang required
- Intermediate knowledge of Python nice to have
- Expert knowledge of Linux and Bash
- Expert knowledge in both NoSQL (Redis, MongoDB, etc) and Relational Data Stores (PostgreSQL, etc)
- Expert knowledge of version control tools such as git
- Familiar with Agile development environment
- Gamer is a plus
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Contributes to widely used open-source libraries
- Enjoys giving technical presentations
- Stays up to date on latest technology trends in the areas of distributed systems
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
#LI - RD1