PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Content Acquisition
Los Angeles, CA (6080 Center Drive)
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Senior Manager, Content Acquisition. This position will be responsible for the acquisition, retention, and day-to-day management of programming accounts for the PlayStation Vue streaming video subscription service. Responsibilities include all functions relating to the acquisition of video programming, including researching content to determine appropriate partners, contributing to strategic planning, negotiating licensing deals, tracking status of deals, coordinating between existing partners and the account management team, and representing partner interests internally. This position will directly support the head of content acquisition for PlayStation Vue, may have some dotted line management responsibilities within the content acquisition team, and require coordination with PlayStation Vue’s finance, operations, product management, legal, and marketing divisions, other Sony divisions, and external vendors.
The position offers a unique opportunity to change the future of TV and gain exposure to a wide variety of businesses within the Media & Entertainment industry.
- Research the video industry and Sony internal data to determine appropriate content partners based on market, demographic, product mix, and competitive analysis
- Communicate market trends internally, including implications for best short- to mid-term content strategies
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with existing and potential partners
- Negotiate term sheets and contracts
- Analyze financial scenarios of different deal structures and collaborate with finance team in forecasting
- Participate in defining the pricing, packaging and other elements of programming subscriptions
- Work with legal, operations, product management, marketing and other internal stakeholders to onboard partners and reflect content acquisition team interests
- Represent partner interests internally, in coordination with the account management team
- Drive planning and development of any special features/functionality developed for partner networks together with product team
- Deep knowledge of the TV/video industry and subscription services, which may include traditional TV and streaming media, with an emphasis on distribution and consumer-facing businesses
- Experience leading and completing negotiations for the distribution of linear networks and on-demand content on traditional and/or virtual multichannel video programming platforms
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Research and strategic business planning expertise; experience with business intelligence teams and big data analysis is a plus
- Outstanding negotiation and executive-level communication skills
- Cross-functional project management experience
- History of bringing projects to fruition on time and on budget
- Entrepreneurial spirit, 24/7 mentality, and strong organization skills
- 7+ years of experience overall
- Bachelor's degree (Advanced degree, such as an MBA or JD is a plus)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.