PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony SIE (PlayStation) seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Senior Engineering Program Manager to lead complex, multi-disciplinary software engineering projects. The individual will plan requirements with internal customers and drive software engineering projects at large-scale through the entire project life-cycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned
- Drive the engineering coordination and execution focused on successfully launching new services and features.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams (Software, infrastructure, security, and Operations) and other support teams in developing project schedules, milestones and risk analyses.
- Develop reports to track planning, scheduling, issues, risks and overall status.
- Oversee the creation of new processes and tools as necessary to support additional needs and requirements of a fast-growing business; exercise technical judgment to keep goals for programs, projects, and products realistic and attainable within a given timeline.
- Author many types of documents including; scope, requirements, architectural diagrams, user stories, acceptance criteria, action plans, status decks, and executive summaries.
- Support production releases and other operations activities to ensure services are always available and servicing customers.
- Performs a key leadership role in the technology transformation and change leadership for the existing services and innovation of new capabilities to support engineering initiatives and business growth.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience. MS in CS or IS preferred with emphasis in technical program management
- 10+ years’ experience required project/program managing or leading the delivery of on-line, secure, scalable software as a service and data as a service.
- Prefer candidates with project / program management (PMP) certification / training.
- Extensive recent experience with managing and optimizing complex technology transformation projects and programs.
- Experience with managing and operating services/applications in live customer/production environments.
- Experience driving efficiency and effectiveness priorities into the organization with associated KPIs.
- Proficiency with Project Management tools, preferably tools used in Agile development (Rally, Jira/Greenhopper, Version One, etc.).
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively.
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management. (Preferably global experience with diverse cultures).
- Interest and ability to learn other technical areas as needed.
- Previous experience in an E-Commerce environment.
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices.
- SAFE knowledge and experience.
- Japanese language skills helpful.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.