PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As a Site Reliability Engineer and member of the Service Platform Operations Team you will closely support engineering teams in the provisioning, integration, configuration, deployment, monitoring, and incident response of the applications and services at the core of the PlayStation Network handling millions of users and devices. The Service Platform Operations team handles application deployments, configuration, performance tuning and monitoring, capacity management, and production support for services which enable customers to access and enjoy a wide range of digital entertainment content seamlessly and across various devices and user interfaces. The Sr. Systems Engineer will support the team and drive improvements in process and technology of cloud and on-prem hosted services to improve continuous delivery, incident response, application availability, system resiliency and service monitoring.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will provide technical leadership to the Service Platform Operations Team as we configure, integrate, deploy, validate, monitor, and support services and applications on the PlayStation Network. Responsibilities include:
- Hands-on application management and support for AWS cloud and on-prem production environments, including full-stack diagnosis, fault resolution and root cause analysis.
- Proactive monitoring of production systems and identify issues before service impact.
- Drive and Implement monitoring tools/metrics/reports for tracking application/service performance.
- Collaborate with engineering and system teams to drive changes and ensure optimal application performance and resiliency.
- Lead service and system performance analysis, service capacity planning, and service continuity validation for multiple applications.
- Implement automated scripts/tools to automate operational tasks/activities.
- Review and influence design, architecture, standards, and methods for deploying, monitoring and operating services and applications.
- Actively participate and/or commit in the execution of tasks required to meet milestones and deliverables set by the SCRUM team throughout the release cycle.
- Provide rotational on-call support.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- 5 years hands-on Linux experience (RHEL or CentOS preferred).
- 3 years of relevant work experience in a high-volume and/or critical production environment.
- 2 years hands-on AWS experience – Deploying, Supporting, and managing applications (sysops).
- Proficient in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software and management tools.
- Experience with log management tools, e.g. Splunk, Logstash, Kibana.
- Exceptional scripting skills (python, shell, golang).
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and performance tuning of Java applications.
- Solid understanding of networking systems and protocols – HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL, DNS.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar tool.
- Experience with Agile SCRUM development methodologies, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience in quality control and validating services in a production environment.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.