PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Technical Program Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
As a Staff Technical Program Manager, you will leverage your passion for tackling complexity head-on, building mobile & web products that are performant and delightful, and working with diverse team members and partner teams on consumer products. Your role will be a highly visible cross functional role and you will work with leads from business, product planning and engineering to synthesize business needs, influence decisions, manage full software life-cycle and guide engineering teams to successful product releases.
As a key member of the engineering team, you will be plan technical road-maps and projects with engineers, product managers and designers across multiple teams. You will plan requirements with development teams and usher projects through the entire product life-cycle. Your expertise in mobile & web technologies and gaming trends will be necessary to lead complex, multidisciplinary development projects and work with multiple teams to achieve outstanding results. You will need to be equally at home explaining the team’s analyses, risks and recommendations to executives and stakeholders as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers. And finally, you will champion user experience and customer satisfaction as you drive and lead initiatives from concept to production.
- Be a key contributor in the planning and delivery of software spanning multiple development teams in multiple global locations
- Drive program schedules, technical road-maps, technical trade-offs, and manage overall schedule progress
- Introduce, develop and manage best practices in mobile & web development, software engineering, remove obstacles and help the team achieve outstanding results
- Interface with engineering and partner teams for project requirements and scope
- Help drive software and product decisions that align with strategic initiatives
- Develop, write and present technical plans and road-maps
- Be able to coordinate plans and schedules with different program practices – Agile, Kanban, waterfall and SAFe
- Cultivate relationships across departments and groups in order to fully understand and address organizational needs
- Conduct research and keep up with mobile, web, and gaming technologies trends
- 5+ years of experience in software program management
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- Strong knowledge of web technologies and web trends, with a voracious appetite to expand on that knowledge
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and release processes
- Experience in agile software development methodologies and principles
- Meticulous attention to detail and has the ability to make good, timely decisions
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate across multiple teams, multiple time zones, and with multidisciplinary team members
- Scrum Master certification, SAFe certification, Prince2 certification or 3+ years of Agile methodologies practice
- Requires proficiency with Project Management and communication tools, such as Confluence, Google Suite, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience as software engineer or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Games/Entertainment industry experience highly desirable
- R&D experience highly desirable
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in PlayStation.