PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
You’re into tech, really all tech, but graphics and low-level stuff are your bread and butter. Optimizations? Definitely, both CPU and GPU. Graphics systems? Of course, whatever the artists need to make the highest quality visuals. And part of you thinks like they do, which is great, since you will be collaborating with them. You’re hard-working and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? Give us a shout!
- Design and implement state-of-the-art systems and tools for engine, rendering, and technology needs, in areas such as the use of the PlayStation’s low-level APIs, implementing new global illumination systems, and crafting new visual effects
- Collaborate with designers and artists to leverage these systems and tools to bring the collective vision to life
- Profile, optimize, and remove bottlenecks
- Provide runtime engine and project-specific support
- Mentor less-experienced team members
When you join us, we commit to…
- Setting you up for success by teaming you with both a lead and a mentor so you can learn the ropes (and code base) and grow as a craft expert
- Encouraging your health and well-being through wellness programs, exercise facilities at the studio (gym, volleyball, biking, yoga), and access to healthy snacks and beverages when we return to working onsite
- Respecting and valuing your views and contributions, recognizing your talents, and always seeking to maximize the unique contribution that you bring to our titles
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Five years of professional programming experience, including one shipped game title
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.