PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Business Development (Social Media Partnerships)
San Mateo, CA
You will be responsible for working within the team to identify and generate new insights that support senior leadership to make business and strategy decision related to current and future PlayStation Platform initiatives and align those activities with business priorities. This includes working with the team to support development of new and ongoing strategies backed up with internal and external data, understanding of markets conditions and creation of the overall strategic platform alliances plan.
The role will support championing projects internally, developing financial models for deal analysis, develop strategic frameworks, and ensuring successful launches.
Responsibilities include managing multiple projects while continuing to keep focus on the overall strategic direction. Works within a fast-paced evolving organization focused on the strategic direction of the company.
You will aid in the day-to-day management of the Strategic Alliances department, lead and facilitate meetings, perform analysis of problems, performance and metrics, and be able to educate parts of the organization on best practices and key industry market/technology indicators.
- Collaborate with the team to develop a strategic roadmap for social media platforms within the PlayStation Network encompassing consumer needs, partnerships, and industry trends
- Work closely and collaboratively with the team to provide a long-term perspective on competitive landscape and companies of interest to support business strategies and PlayStation Platform initiatives.
- Conduct research and analysis on identified potential partners of interest
- Research and analyze industry/market trends, new business opportunities using various research sources and forecast methodologies
- Define business models for new product opportunities and develop business case and implementation plans
- Develop robust financial models for deal analysis to determine structure, support proposals, and influence negotiations for launching new services
- Create & develop business KPIs to ensure best business momentum
- Monitor & report performance against set KPIs
- Deliver and discuss findings with internal stakeholders
- Work to help develop and research best practices for the organization
- Document analysis, activities and create internal communications
- Work on special projects outside of standard analysis as assigned by manager
- Travel to trade conferences and meetings
- BA / Graduate degree a plus (MBA or JD)
- 3+ years of experience overall
- Experience developing partnerships with social media platforms
- Experience within entertainment industries (Gaming, Video, TV, Music) preferred
- Superior relationship skills, including the ability to work with multiple cultures
- Knowledge of digital entertainment, including distribution models, platforms and types of content
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including data analysis and financial modeling
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver presentations
- Strong computer skills, including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Foreign language or international experience is a plus
- Strong business verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external customers
- Ability to travel a maximum of 20%
- Experience with presentation creation
- Experience with market trends analysis
- Experience with best practice creation
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.