PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2019.
The intern will be supporting the Sony Santa Monica Studio. Building upon God of War's commitment to excellence in presentation and core mechanics, Santa Monica Studio has also been a pioneer in innovation and mentoring new voices in gaming. Sony Santa Monica continues to foster amazing game teams with world class developers. The Santa Monica Studio also has published amazing new voices in game development such as “That Game Company” (flOw, Flower, Journey), Santa Monica Studio has since acted as an incubator for the Giant Sparrow team (The Unfinished Swan) and numerous other fantastic projects.
We are looking for an intern to specialize in concept art who is excited to work alongside from the CG industry’s premier talents in animation, art and tech to create AAA content for the PS4! The Concept Artist Intern will learn to contribute to the artistic vision of working with art teams to create concepts that bring the worlds we imagine to life. Learn and create visuals that define our industry! As an intern concept artist, you must possess the ability to effectively collaborate with art directors and game directors and other team members to create images that are visually stunning and inspiring.
- Work with the visually development team to help create, documentation, environment concepts, and prop concepts.
- Create rough sketches, fully rendered pieces, material sheets, model turns, paint overs, and other visual guides as needed by the development team.
- Research pertinent subject matter to bring believability to the environments that we create.
- Undertake research and initiate information gathering prior to the commencement of a new task to ensure game design needs, reference materials, artistic direction and technological considerations are effectively managed to meet defined goals.
- Currently enrolled in a BA or MA program majoring in Fine Arts, Visual Art, or Studio Arts.
- Strong foundation skills, (composition, perspective, draftsmanship, color theory and lighting, architecture and design, human anatomy / organic forms, 2D & 3D design.)
- Highly proficient in the use of Photoshop as well as painting/rendering techniques. Understanding of the fundamentals of 3D packages a plus.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.