PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Head of Conversion Rate Optimization
San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation store business has continued to deliver massive growth and is also evolving rapidly towards new business models. In response, we are undertaking an exciting global restructure which will leverage specialist teams to drive efficiency and optimization. As part of this, we are creating a Global Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) team who will be responsible for driving conversion to purchase within the PlayStation Store and associated applications.
As the leader of this team, you will drive the transformation from traditional marketing-led approaches to an approach that is based on optimization using data-centric tools and models built by our internal data sciences teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make the PlayStation Store the retail destination of choice for PlayStation content by delivering an optimal consumer and retail experience
- Lead the development of a new approach to optimize paid conversion within the PlayStation Store and associated applications. Evangelize this deeper, more data-driven approach with senior executives and key partners
- Devise strategies to maximize the reach and visibility of content and the relevancy to local markets
- Drive the evolution from manual to dynamic processes and the personalization of user journeys
- Develop a balanced approach to the leads of internal stakeholders such as ad sales and Marketing
- Work with Product Managers to shape, conceive & develop our proprietary CRO technology
- Partner with the Planning & Insights team to establish a framework and approach to optimization of the Store
- Define CRO workflows and processes
- Inspire, motivate and develop the global CRO team to achieve outstanding performance
Experience & Skills
- Extensive and demonstrable expertise and experience of leading CRO best practice where data, analytics and conversion funnels are at the forefront of the business
- Consistent track record of using data to influence and inform decisions
- Proven ability to draw on many sources of insight and react quickly to new information, opinions and direction
- Creative, open minded leader who is adaptive to change and can communicate strategic direction with passion and clarity
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of PlayStation Store and Services
- Effective leadership skills – able to engage, motivate and develop staff at all levels. Above all, able to show capability of building a team of superstars who consistently smash their goals
- Experience of E-commerce and / or content at scale preferred
- Role will be based in either San Mateo, CA or London. However, as the role is global, regular international travel will also be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.