PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2019.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer Intern to join the Business Intelligence Services (BIS) team within the Sony PlayStation environment.
The Systems Engineer Intern will be a limited-time engagement with the BIS Infrastructure Engineering team and will work for the Systems and/or Operations team with the successful applicant responsible for the operations and support of the Business Intelligence platform.
- This role will be a hybrid role where the Systems Engineer Intern will be working on the full Systems and Applications stack which will be comprised of monitoring the Production Reporting platform (Micro Strategy) as well as the Cloud Systems infrastructure.
The successful intern candidate will be eager to jump in and learn new tools and techniques and will be able to assist in the support of the following:
- On-boarding & off-boarding users
- Investigate and resolve security Alerts
- Simple Terraform & Ansible changes (new bucket, new policy)
- Documentation updates (Confluence, diagrams etc. - all the things we never have time to do properly)
Based out of our US and UK offices, the team provides business intelligence services for various global business units associated with Sony Entertainment Network.
- Systems, operations or programming background
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Advanced Linux systems administration and troubleshooting skills
- Exposure to monitoring tools in cloud environments (i.e. Nagios, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Experience with shell scripting, Bash or Python
- Experience with distributed source code repositories, such as Git
- Familiar with automation technologies to build and deploy both infrastructure and applications (i.e. Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving ability
- Good interpersonal skills, works well with others in a team environment
- Additional (nice to have)
- Knowledge of database technologies
- SQL skills
- Experience with end-to-end CI/CD pipeline automation
- Familiar with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of data warehouse appliances, e.g. SnowFlake, Netezza
- Business Intelligence, using tools such as Micro Strategy, Tableau, Cognos, QlikView
- Previous experience working with Agile software development methodologies
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.