PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, HR Operations
San Mateo, CA
The Ideal Candidate:
We have a new opportunity to join our team at a very exciting time as a senior member of our HR Concierge team. The ideal candidate must possess a strong knowledge base of proven HR practices, processes and programs, while managing multiple projects along with a dynamic team. Must be able to excel in a fast paced, energetic and creative culture on the forefront of the game industry. When people ask you about your strengths, your response is something like: “I know how to work efficiently and enjoy helping people; I understand what it takes to support the employee experience.” You will assist with building the best operational infrastructure and actively contribute to provide exceptional customer service for this unique culture. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, are an open and transparent collaborator, and 100% committed to helping the company continue its exciting growth.
As the Manager, Operations you will:
- Provide leadership to direct reports and manage a highly capable team through training and development of skilled professionals to meet the business needs
- Support the creation and deployment of the North & Latin America HR operations strategy in partnership with HR Business Partners, HR Centers of Excellence and business stakeholders
- Own creation, documentation and management of end to end employee lifecycle HR processes including new hire processing, on-boarding and integration, exits, maintenance of Employee Records, and provide HR programs/projects support
- Ensure guidance given and application consistency of key HR policies and practices across the US, Canada, & Latin America with global consideration
- Actively participate as a working manager on addressing inquiries or requests with HR case management system
- Analyze key performance data to recommend and implement continuous process improvements
- Monitor and partner for data integrity in systems and ensure appropriate and relevant audit controls are in place
- Consult with key stakeholders (including Corporate Functions such as Legal, Payroll, IT, Finance, etc.) and HR Centers of Excellence (Talent Acquisition, Business Partners, Benefits/Compensation, HR Systems, Talent, Learning & Development, and Employee Relations) to understand business needs, undertake the implementation of key programs and support the improvement of processes
- Provide advice and information to stakeholders on HR programs for ongoing process improvements
- Partner in the development and implementation of both new and/or changes to HR programs including supporting systems testing
- Serve as a point of escalation for team members to resolve any complex issues
- Develop effective communication and education materials for employees; ensuring the delivery of timely and accurate information to employees
- Establish ongoing relationships with HR business partners in order to understand their shared services needs
- Utilize prior successful experience to provide resolution to issues or fulfillment of requests.
- Using established protocols, respond to issues and requests from HR and stakeholder partners, employees and managers
As the Manager, Operations you will have:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in the HR field and a BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business. A Masters degree may be substituted for 2 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated background leading a HR Shared Service or Operations team that uses service management principles-experience supporting the Americas: US, Canada, & Latin America preferred. Additional international environment knowledge with other regions desired; European and Asia Pacific experience a plus.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team with solid HR functional experience. Experience of developing KPIs and SLAs to enhance service delivery
- Full working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures
- Comfort managing up and across the organization, with strong credibility and the ability to influence leaders and teams; excellent collaboration and skills
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures
- Ability to work with minimal guidance/direction, serves as escalation point and decision maker on exception requests
- Exercises latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment with integrity and honesty, and a respect for complete confidentiality for our people
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Must possess effective influencing, conflict management and resolution skills
- Patience, a great sense of humor with a low ego, and the strong desire to do innovative things
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.