PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is a fast paced, high-visibility engineering position with SIE’s platform engineering organization helping to establish a linear scale, highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed services platform. This next generation services platform will support the global, fast growing SIE customer base, world class PlayStation consoles, hand-held devices, PlayStation TV, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation Now and PlayStation Vue. This key role will lead the technology transformation of the network services platform including existing and new services supporting the dramatic customer growth on the platform.
Candidate is expected to work with globally distributed teams to engage early and provide continuous delivery of high quality software products that delight Sony customers. Must be results oriented individual with a passion to deliver quality next generation global media and collection of entertainment services to our growing customer base.
- Perform in-depth analysis of functional or business requirements and assist with solution design.
- Be responsible for sound technology choices and implementing them in a fashion that is durable and scalable.
- Design and implement interactive web-based services.
- Create and maintain Java code and provide component level designs for the Sony PlayStation Network platform.
- Participate in code reviews and mentor junior developers
- Promote new technology and best practices
- Prepare and execute unit tests.
- Self-driven team player
- BS Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years solid Java programming and systems experience.
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems in a team environment
- Experience with Reactive Functional Programming
- Experience with developing high performing, resilient and scalable web services
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Full life-cycle agile software development.
- AWS platform
- Experience with Asynchronous and event based programming technology such as RxJava
- Knowledge of performance profiler and JVM tuning
- Experience with No-SQL databases, such as Cassandra or DynamoDB
- Experience with continuous build and deployment process and tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with networking, firewalls, and architecture
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.