PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Technical Account Manager (External Producer)
Located at PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Will consider professional experience from mid-level to senior plus.
Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation) has an exciting career opportunity. We seek a Senior Technical External `Producer to ensure that our game development partners have the best possible experience while developing on PlayStation platforms.
It will be your job to represent all that the PlayStation platform has to offer while advocating on behalf of your developers within Sony. Few positions can offer an opportunity like this, specifically the ability to work on a wide range of important titles while helping to affect change to the future of PlayStation. To be proficient in this position, you should possess both business acumen and technical expertise to influence game development decisions while assuring that they align with the grander Sony vision.
- Evangelize the PlayStation platform towards strategic alignment of developer projects
- Meet regularly with developers of our portfolio to proactively identify project risks, support needs, and opportunities.
- Build long-term collaborative relationships with technical decision makers and influencers.
- Maintain strong ownership of the titles you work on, resolving all issues as they arise.
- Collect developer feedback and champion within PlayStation.
- Recommend and drive technical best practices amongst licensed developers.
- Provide onsite technical support and training.
- Lead developer training events, postmortems, and advisory panels.
- Understanding of general development pipelines for games.
- Prior console game development experience is preferred.
- At least 5 years of prior production, software or middleware development (C/C++ preferred) with increasing responsibility.
- High level technical knowledge of the PlayStation platform is preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with an eye toward providing excellent customer support and mentoring.
- Familiarity with development tools and ability to quickly familiarize with new deeply technical projects in development.
- The ability to operate with little to no supervision at partner sites, providing a professional and useful service to our developers.
- Willing to travel and coordinate with other individual contributors to solve issues at hand. When not able to directly or efficiently solve partner problems, must be able to identify technical expertise needed to solve the problems.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.