PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
San Francisco, CA
Job Summary: PlayStation Vue from Sony Interactive Entertainment is a revolutionary service that brings the most modern way to experience TV and aims at cutting the cord with the traditional cable TV experience. Through the slick UI and a rich feature set, it aims at bringing the combination of Live TV along with Video On Demand and ability to DVR in the cloud to the consumers via an Over the Top TV service. The users can experience the service on PS3 and PS4 with further expansion on iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV and other devices. The Sony Interactive Entertainment Software Quality Assurance Engineer will be part of this team and will work on testing new feature development and maintaining automated test frameworks on multiple platforms and devices.
- Plan and execute QA related activities
- Develop, maintain, execute manually and automate test cases
- Maintain the upkeep of test framework for an application on browser
- Report, track and verify defects
- Work closely with developers, product and program management team
- Ability to apply agile based software testing practices and procedures to ensure the highest level of software quality for all products tested
- Solid experience with working on projects utilizing CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Experience developing selenium-based automation framework from scratch
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in developing/maintaining automation framework from scratch
- BS in CS or related field (4 years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree)
- Previous experience implementing/executing automated tests
- Working knowledge of existing automation frameworks and ability to enhance current framework
- Worked in a scrum/agile environment.
- Solid knowledge and practice of object oriented programming concepts
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Git/GitHub
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and thank you for your interest in SIE.