PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Producer- Studio Marketing, PR and Community
A Producer is relied upon to manage scheduling and the day to day production of internal and external groups. This specific role is responsible for supporting our studio-wide efforts around Marketing, PR, Community and Licensing. Responsibilities include collaborating with senior producers, creative leads and studio managers to develop and maintain an overall studio plan and roadmap to determine resource, budget and schedule needs to achieve our overall strategy.
Manage the production of studio marketing, PR, community and licensing activity in all areas including:
- Partner with studio head, creative director and community manager to craft and drive creation, maintenance and execution of overall roadmap
- Collaborate with SIE marketing, PR, community and licensing global partners to ensure alignment around strategy, foster close communication and organize execution efforts
- Take responsibility for all phases of the asset development cycle from design through final approval
- Manage the production and approval pipeline of all assets throughout all phases collaborating with internal discipline producers and external partners to minimize impact on development team wherever possible, keeping asset development on schedule and within budget
- Oversee day-to-day production issues for assets in all aspects of quality. Partner with other producers and production partners to schedule and maintain tasking, balance resource contention and determine priorities
- Foster and maintain relationships with internal and external team members and global business partners
- Ensure effective communication between creative director, team members, outside developers, consultants, other producers and global business partners throughout the organization
- Plan and troubleshoot production and execution challenges with design, scope and budget considerations accounted for and forecasted
Manage day-to-day production issues through analytic thinking and information gathering including:
- Break down large or complex projects into meaningful subprojects
- Assimilate diverse information and assess the impact on each piece of the project as well as on the project as a whole
- Identify all groups that may be affected by the project, and involve them – actively solicit their input and follow up through execution
- Hold regular meetings with the project teams, individuals and business partners to discuss status, resolve issues and share information
- Ensure a common understanding and agreement on project scope and objectives and on any subsequent changes
Contribute to current and future development needs including:
- Maintain and enhance creative relationships with internal development team and global business partners
- Create a studio asset management system for marketing, PR, community and licensing materials and completed assets
- Maintain and enhance necessary processes and procedures for product development while coordinating with development team to ensure SIE company-wide policies are adhered to
- Provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems and use judgement within defined policies and practices
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 4-7 years of industry experience in a product development environment
- Prior experience working as a producer with large game development teams
- Previous experience partnering with marketing, PR, community and licensing partners for games required
- Two or more published titles considered a strength
- Experience producing for large scale, AAA game preferred
- Four year undergraduate college degree or equivalent skill set
- Project Management
- Ability to create and maintain project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules
- Proven experience producing cross-functional, creative development teams and resources to quality and schedule goals
- Familiarity with traditional waterfall production management techniques and Agile techniques, including SCRUM, Kanban or Crystal.
- CI-ACP, CSP, PMP or equivalent certification a plus
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel), Hansoft, JIRA, Confluence, Shotgun, Assam and other project tracking, asset management and bug database software
- Communication & Collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across product development and management teams
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Strong ability to work in partnership with various producers, developers and other SIE business units
- Ability to identify other business units with necessary technical knowledge and cultivate relationships
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Understanding of the video game industry marketing, PR, community and licensing cadence, cycles and trends
- Knowledgeable of current industry trends: stays up-to-date on competitive products and best practices
- Must love games and have a passion for creating them!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.